You are invited to submit a piece of prose travel writing on a theme of journey or place, between 300 and 1000 words in length. The writing can relate to any journey travelled or your experience of arriving or departing, or of a particular place. It might even be a spiritual journey or life-changing event.
To submit your writing and enter the competition, please go to the following web address: http://www.c4ccetl.ac.uk/travelwritingcompetition/
- Text must be submitted online as a Microsoft Word document (maximum word count is 1000 and maximum file size is 10Mb)
- The closing date for submissions in FRIDAY 8TH MAY 2009
- Winners will be announced on WEDNESDAY 27TH MAY 2009
- The competition is open to undergraduate and postgraduate students at YSJU
- There will be one prize winner and two runners-up
- The winning entries will also be included in an Anthology which will be created in Autumn 2009
- The competition will be judged by York St John's Writer-in-Residence Debjani Chatterjee and C4C Creative Fellow John Noble
If you have any queries, please contact Catherine Samiei: email@example.com
This is a partnership between C4C, Writing Development and Royal Literary Fund Fellow Debjani Chatterjee.
Dates for your diary:
- Wednesday 11th February, 2pm-4pm - Travel Writing Master Class with John Noble - email firstname.lastname@example.org to book a place - C4C Seminar Room
- Thursday 5th March, 2pm-4pm - Travel Writing Master Class with Debjani Chatterjee - email email@example.com to book a place - George Herbert Room, C4C Centre